Online registration deadline is January 11, 2019, in order to be included in the printed conference roster and for boat/bus transportation scheduling.
The conference begins on Sunday, February 10, 2019 with 1:30pm session for Executive Directors and afternoon free admission passes for Presidents-elect, Presidents-nominees (and Executive Directors) to the Aquarium of the Pacific.
The Sunday opening reception will be held at 5:30pm.
Official conference business continues through Tuesday, February 12, with an evening dinner program.
Wednesday breakfast will be available.
The conference will take place at the Westin Long Beach (Downtown).
The three closest airports are: Long Beach (LGB), Santa Ana/Orange County/John Wayne Airport (SNA), and Los Angeles (LAX). Plan to arrange your own transportation to/from the airport.
We are eager to have you come early and stay late….there is plenty to do in and around Long Beach with nearby attractions like Hollywood, Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, etc.
You can use the online registration for guests/partners. Only certain meals will be available for guests to attend, and if enough interest is indicated online, we will help arrange for some of the local and nearby outings.
(Rotarian may want to register and pay for their guest separately.)
Sunday – February 10
- 1:30pm – ARCED Annual Meeting & Work Session for Executive Directors
- 1:30pm-5:30pm – Aquarium of the Pacific
- 5:30pm – Opening Reception and View of the Port of Long Beach – Keesal, Young & Logan
Monday – February 11
- 9:00am – “Agents of Change – Partnerships and International Grants”
(Morning and Afternoon Break-out Sessions)
- 12:00pm – Lunch Program – “Your Public Presence” – Michael Juric
- 5:30pm – Duffy Boat Cruise and Long Beach Yacht Club Dinner
Tuesday – February 12
- 9:00am – “The Art of Partnerships” – Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- 12:00pm – Lunch with the Rotary Club of Long Beach aboard the Queen Mary – Guest Speaker, Supreme Court of the United States, Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy (Retired)
- 2:15pm – Tour of the Queen Mary
- 3:30pm – “Volunteer Leadership: Inspiring Club Members to Follow You”
- 5:30pm – Evening Dinner Program – “Costco: An Agent of Cultural Change” – John Matthews
Available Meals for Guests
- Sun Afternoon Activity ………………..($ ???/guest)
- Sun Evening Reception…………….($30/guest)
- Mon Cruise & Dinner……………….($70/guest)
- Tues Lunch (Queen Mary)…….…..($35/guest)
- Tues Tour of Queen Mary.……..….($25/guest)
- Tues Dinner LB Conv Ctr Plaza.….($150/guest)
- Wed Breakfast (Westin Hotel)……. ($30/guest)
More information is included on the online registration page. You can also register through our website: www.rotarylongbeach.org
We are so looking forward to your visit!